Bodmin Visitor Information Centre
Bodmin Visitor Information Centre - call us 01208 76616
Bodmin's Visitor Information Centre is located in the Shire Hall on Mount Folly Square.
2015/2016/2017 Opening times
We are open all year round!
2nd November - 29th February 2016 Monday - Friday 8.45am - 2pm.
1st March - 31st May 2016 Monday - Friday 8.45am - 4pm and Saturdays 10am - 5pm
1st June - 30th September 2016 Monday - Friday 8.45am - 5pm and Saturdays 10am - 5pm
1st - 31st October 8.45am - 4pm and Saturdays 10am - 5pm
1st November - 28th February 2017 Monday - Friday 8.45am - 2pm
We are open on all bank holidays, 10am - 5pm, with the exception of Christmas and New Year when we are closed. Outside of normal office hours, we have a 24 hour answer phone so please leave a message and we will come back to you the next working day or write to us on our facebook page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Bodmin Visitor Information Centre
Mount Folly Square
Bodmin, PL31 2DQ
Tel: 01208 76616 and select option 1
Follow us on ~
A Helping Hand - The Services We Provide
The cheerful team of knowledgeable staff at the award-winning Visitor Information Centre can provide help and advice on a wide range of subjects.
The staff can help you ~
- Book a place to stay
- Find your way about with local bus and train information and get ideas for car free days out!
- Book your National Express Coach Tickets and buy discount coach cards.
- With walking routes around the area - we sell a range of walking books and have several free routes too!
- Find lots of accessible walks, accommodation, attractions, gardens and useful information.
- With route plans and directions to attractions, places of interest and the local amenities.
- To save money with our range of free discount vouchers and let us inspire you with our ideas for cheap days out in Cornwall.
- Book Eden Project tickets at a discounted price!
- Buy local events tickets.
- Provide you with all the postcodes that you need to get from a-b
- We sell radar keys...Download the RADAR app from itunes to find the nearest scheme toilets. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/radar-national-key-scheme-app/id490642425?mt=8
We also have FREE Wifi; we sell clotted cream by post and offer a booking service for Theatre Royal theatre tickets in Plymouth. Plus anything else that you might need from local clubs and societies; to places to eat, help with local history; you name it and we can probably help. Just come and ask. We would be very pleased to help!
Tickets currently available at Bodmin Visitor Information Centre
- Eden Project reduced price admission tickets.
- Theatre Royal Tickets
- Courtroom Experience Tickets
- Various events happening throughout the county.
- National Express coach cards - Young persons, Senior, Disabled and Family. £10 each per year for a third off your travel. Plus all your National Express coach tickets.
How to find us
When getting on your bus, ask the driver for the Mount Folly stop and you will be dropped off right outside our building. There are direct buses into Bodmin from Padstow and Wadebridge, St Austell and Liskeard and plenty of connecting services to get here too.
Follow the brown visitor signs and the "i" symbol and Shire Hall. We are situated directly in the town centre on Mount Folly Square. For satellite navigation systems use the postcode PL31 2DQ.
We are on the Sustrans Route 3 cycle trail and a short distance from the end of the Camel Trail. There are plenty of bicycle racks on Mount Folly Square, directly in front of our building.
Bodmin Visitor Information Centre is situated in the Shire Hall, a Grade II* Listed building, in the centre of Bodmin. The Shire Hall was the former county court of Cornwall and when you visit us you will will be able to see many of the original features of the building from its day as a working court. If you are planning a visit, you might like to read our access statement or if you have any particular requests please feel free to contact us.
With such beautiful countryside all around us, Bodmin Visitor Information Centre aims to practise as sustainably as possible. Have a look at our environmental policy to see what we do.
We also know that you want to have the best holiday possible but there are just a few little things that you can do. They say every little helps!
Be a responsible Visitor
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Reuse carrier bags, recycle your waste- there are various recycling points around the area and if it's just a case of some empty drinks cans, come and see the Visitor Information Centre. We have a recycling point for plastic,tins and paper.
- Reduce traffic walk, cycle or use public transport
Come and have a look at some of our ideas for car free days out. With both good bus and train links from Bodmin, as well as plenty of walking and cycling opportunities, you will be surprised at what you can do.
- Stay local, eat local, buy local, see local
There is lots to do right on Bodmin's door step. We produce a monthly, extensive what's on events guide and have a look at our "Cornwall for Foodies" fact sheet and sample some of the yummy local produce.
- Chill out - Switch off!
It makes sense! In the Visitor Centre, for example when it is not being used we turn our staff microwave off. As we say every little bit helps.
- Follow the Countryside Code
When you are out and about don't forget your country code. It makes it all the more enjoyable for everyone! And enjoy yourself!
Here to help you
All the staff are committed to help and promise to always be courteous to, informative and interested in their customers. Have a look at our customer charter to see the minimum level of service that you can expect to receive although we will always endeavour to exceed your expectations...
Bodmin Visitor Centre is an award-winning Tourist Information but if you have any ideas, comments or suggestions, we would love to hear them so we can improve our service to you. Email us or visit our Virtual Suggestion box.
Our most recent awards...
2016 South West Tourism Awards - GOLD
2015 Cornwall Tourism Awards - GOLD
2015 South West Tourism Awards - SILVER
2014 Cornwall Tourism Awards - SILVER
2014 South West Tourism Awards - Highly Commended
2013/2014 Cornwall Tourism Awards - GOLD
2013 South West Tourism Excellence Awards - GOLD
2012 Cornwall Tourism Awards - GOLD
2012 Visit England for Excellence Awards - SILVER
2012 South West Tourism for Excellence Awards - GOLD
2011 Cornwall Tourism Awards - GOLD
2011 Cornwall Tourism Awards - Winner of Winners
Last update 13th August 2016